Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
- About this guide
- Preparing Enterprise Vault for classification
- Setting up Veritas Information Classifier policies
- About policies
- About patterns
- About tags
- Defining and applying Enterprise Vault classification policies
- Defining classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in custom field searches
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Classification cache folder
- Appendix D. Migrating from FCI classification to the Veritas Information Classifier
- Appendix E. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Verifying that Enterprise Vault has archived items to smart partitions
You can verify that Enterprise Vault has successfully archived items to your smart partitions by reviewing a usage report in the Vault Administration Console.
To verify that Enterprise Vault has archived items to smart partitions
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand the Enterprise Vault site hierarchy until the Vault Store Groups container is visible.
- Expand the Vault Store Groups container to show the existing vault store groups.
- Expand the vault store group that contains the vault store for which you want to view usage information.
- Right-click the required vault store, and then click Reporting.
The Vault Store detailed usage information page appears.
- Click View usage report by Partition.
The report provides the following information:
Shows the name of the partition.
Shows whether the partition is a smart partition (True) or a standard vault store partition (False).
Shows the number of items in the partition.
Shows the total size of the items in the partition.
The report also provides the following information:
The total number of items in the vault store.
The total space that all the archived items occupy in the vault store.
The average space that each archived item occupies in the vault store.