Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
- About this guide
- Preparing Enterprise Vault for classification
- Setting up Veritas Information Classifier policies
- About policies
- About patterns
- About tags
- Defining and applying Enterprise Vault classification policies
- Defining classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in custom field searches
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Classification cache folder
- Appendix D. Migrating from FCI classification to the Veritas Information Classifier
- Appendix E. Monitoring and troubleshooting
This cmdlet is only for use with the Veritas Information Classifier in Enterprise Vault 12.2 and later. It is not designed for use with the classification features in earlier versions of Enterprise Vault, such as classification using the Microsoft File Classification Infrastructure (FCI).
For the specified pair of plain-text (.txt) files in the classification cache folder, Get-EVClassificationVICTags returns details of the matching Veritas Information Classifier policies and the associated classification properties. Run the cmdlet on an Enterprise Vault server.
By default, Enterprise Vault empties the cache folder at the first opportunity. However, you can configure it to retain the cache contents by choosing a setting in the Administration Console.
Get-EVClassificationVICTags is provided by the snap-in
Get-EVClassificationVICTags [-ContentFile] <String> [-MetadataFile] <String> [<CommonParameters>]
Table: Get-EVClassificationVICTags parameters
The path to the plain-text content file for which to return the classification details (usually the text file whose name ends
The path to the plain-text metadata file for which to return the classification details (usually the text file whose name ends
Get-EVClassificationFCITags -ContentFile 'E:\EVCache\Classification\EV$9...B8VC.txt' -MetadataFile 'E:\EVCache\Classification\EV$9...8VMD.txt'
Returns the classification details for the specified plain-text files.
This cmdlet returns an array of objects of type Symantec.EnterpriseVault.PowerShell.Commands.ClassificationProperty, which have the following properties.
Table: Get-EVClassificationVICTags properties
The Veritas Information Classifier policy that matched.
The evtag.category values that matched.
The evtag.inclusion values that matched.
The evtag.exclusion values that matched.
Whether the item would be discarded.
The retention categories that matched.