Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
- About this guide
- Preparing Enterprise Vault for classification
- Setting up Veritas Information Classifier policies
- About policies
- About patterns
- About tags
- Defining and applying Enterprise Vault classification policies
- Defining classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in custom field searches
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Classification cache folder
- Appendix D. Migrating from FCI classification to the Veritas Information Classifier
- Appendix E. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Enabling or disabling policies
Initially, all the policies are disabled. You must enable a policy if you want the Veritas Information Classifier to check for and tag the items that match the policy.
Enabling a lot of policies can affect performance. In addition, policies with complex conditions take longer to process than those with simple conditions.
To enable or disable a policy
- At the left of the Veritas Information Classifier, click Policies.
- Select one or more policies that you want to enable or disable and then click Edit.
You can enable or disable multiple policies at once.
- In the Status field, select Enabled or Disabled.
- Click Save.