Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
- About this guide
- Preparing Enterprise Vault for classification
- Setting up Veritas Information Classifier policies
- About policies
- About patterns
- About tags
- Defining and applying Enterprise Vault classification policies
- Defining classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in custom field searches
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Classification cache folder
- Appendix D. Migrating from FCI classification to the Veritas Information Classifier
- Appendix E. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Configuring classification policies to assign retention categories with the shortest duration
One of the settings that you can choose for a classification policy is to set the retention categories of items. An item may sometimes match multiple Veritas Information Classifier policies, all of which are competing to assign a retention category to it. By default, Enterprise Vault assigns the retention category that retains the item for the longest duration. If this is not what you want, you can configure your classification policies to assign the retention category with the shortest duration.
To configure a classification policy to assign the retention category with the shortest duration
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand your Enterprise Vault site.
- Expand the Policies container, and then expand the Retention & Classification container.
- Click the Classification container.
- In the right pane, right-click the classification policy that you want to modify, and then click Properties.
- On the Advanced tab, set the Retention category selection option to Shortest.