Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
- About this guide
- Preparing Enterprise Vault for classification
- Setting up Veritas Information Classifier policies
- About policies
- About patterns
- About tags
- Defining and applying Enterprise Vault classification policies
- Defining classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in custom field searches
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Classification cache folder
- Appendix D. Migrating from FCI classification to the Veritas Information Classifier
- Appendix E. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Enabling the Veritas Information Classifier on all Enterprise Vault servers
You enable the Veritas Information Classifier on all the servers in an Enterprise Vault site by running the supplied PowerShell cmdlet, Initialize-EVClassificationVIC. For each of these servers, the cmdlet also configures the Veritas Information Classifier website in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
This section provides an outline of how to run the cmdlet. A later section provides comprehensive information on the cmdlet.
To enable the Veritas Information Classifier on all Enterprise Vault servers
- On a shared network drive to which all the Enterprise Vault servers have access, create a folder in which the Veritas Information Classifier can keep policy information.
Both the Vault Service account and the Data Access account must have read/write access to this folder.
- Log on to an Enterprise Vault server as the Vault Service account.
- Open the Enterprise Vault Management Shell.
- At the command prompt, enter a command like the following:
Initialize-EVClassificationVIC [-PoliciesPath <String>] [-SiteId <String>]
Specifies the UNC path to the network folder in which the Veritas Information Classifier should keep policy information.
Specifies the ID of the Enterprise Vault site for which to configure the Veritas Information Classifier. You may find this parameter useful if you have multiple Enterprise Vault sites.
Initialize-EVClassificationVIC -PoliciesPath \\server1\VicPolicies
The cmdlet displays a warning that you do not have any enabled policies. This is simply a reminder that you can only classify items after you have set up the required policies in the Veritas Information Classifier.