Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
- About this guide
- Preparing Enterprise Vault for classification
- Setting up Veritas Information Classifier policies
- About policies
- About patterns
- About tags
- Defining and applying Enterprise Vault classification policies
- Defining classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in custom field searches
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Classification cache folder
- Appendix D. Migrating from FCI classification to the Veritas Information Classifier
- Appendix E. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Checking the cache location on the Enterprise Vault storage servers
On each storage server that is to perform classification, Enterprise Vault stores a plain-text copy of each item that it is classifying in a subfolder of the nominated cache location. You may want to check that you have correctly configured this location.
To check the cache location on an Enterprise Vault storage server
- In the Administration Console, expand the Enterprise Vault site until the Enterprise Vault Servers container is visible.
- Expand the Enterprise Vault Servers container.
- Right-click the appropriate server and then, on the shortcut menu, click Properties.
- In the Computer Properties dialog box, click the Cache tab.
- Under Cache Location, ensure that a suitable local path is specified.
The classification feature stores the files that it is classifying in a
Classificationsubfolder of the specified cache location; for example,
To ensure optimum performance, it is important to create the cache folder on fast, locally-attached storage. We recommend creating the folder on a drive other than the operating system drive.