Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
- About this guide
- Preparing Enterprise Vault for classification
- Setting up Veritas Information Classifier policies
- About policies
- About patterns
- About tags
- Defining and applying Enterprise Vault classification policies
- Defining classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in custom field searches
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Classification cache folder
- Appendix D. Migrating from FCI classification to the Veritas Information Classifier
- Appendix E. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Limits on the size of classification files
By default, the Veritas Information Classifier can classify files that are up to 32 MB in size. When a file exceeds this limit, Enterprise Vault automatically splits it into files of this size, and classification then proceeds across the set of files.
You can change the 32-MB limit by adjusting the optionin the Vault Administration Console. You may want to increase the limit if you have a complex Veritas Information Classifier policy that fails to match items because different parts of it match different files in the set. For example, this issue can arise if you have a policy that searches for both of the words fraud and corruption, when the first word is in one file and the second word is in another.
To set the maximum classification content size
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, right-click your Enterprise Vault site and then click Properties.
- In the Site Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- In the List settings from box, select Storage.
- Click Maximum classification content size, and then click Modify.
- Set the maximum content size, and then click OK.