Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
- About this guide
- Preparing Enterprise Vault for classification
- Setting up Veritas Information Classifier policies
- About policies
- About patterns
- About tags
- Defining and applying Enterprise Vault classification policies
- Defining classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in custom field searches
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Classification cache folder
- Appendix D. Migrating from FCI classification to the Veritas Information Classifier
- Appendix E. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Creating or editing tags
To create or edit a tag
- At the left of the Veritas Information Classifier, click Tags.
Do one of the following:
To create a tag, click New.
To edit an existing tag, select it and then click Edit.
- Set the fields as follows:
Specifies the tag name. The name must be unique, and it can contain up to 30 alphanumeric, space, and special characters. However, the name must not include the following characters:
& : / \ % + < > ?
If you are editing an existing tag, you cannot change its name.
(Optional.) Provides a short description of the tag for display in the Veritas Information Classifier.
Specifies the metadata property of the item in which you want to store the tag. There are four index properties from which to choose.
evtag.category. Assigns one or more categories to an item.
evtag.exclusion. Stops Enterprise Vault Compliance Accelerator from sampling an item that has this property
evtag.inclusion. Requires Enterprise Vault Compliance Accelerator to sample an item that has this property.
evaction.discard. Marks an item for deletion.
You can search for the assigned property values in applications such as Enterprise Vault Search, Compliance Accelerator, and Discovery Accelerator.
Specifies the retention category that you want to assign to items to which you assign this tag. This is optional except in cases where you specify evaction.discard as the index property.
- Click Save.