VCS-321: Administration of Veritas Backup Exec 15
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, all certification exams, targeting customers in an administrative role, cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, deployment, product administration, management, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
The certified administrator demonstrates an understanding of the installation, configuration, and administration of Backup Exec 15. The VCS Backup Exec 15 administrator with this knowledge will be better prepared to proactively manage the Backup Exec operations in the environment in which it is installed.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Data Protection.
# of Questions: 80 - 90
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Passing Score: 68%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
- Backup Exec 15 Administration
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Objectives (PDF): Download and review exam objectives to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam.
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Study Guide (PDF): Review the study guide, which maps key lessons and topics from the associated training course(s) to the exam objectives of the certification exam.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. Three to six months experience working with Veritas Backup Exec and 3 months experience working with Veritas Backup Exec 15 in a production or lab environment is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam
In addition, you should be familiar with the following supporting documents and web sites:
- Backup Exec 15 Customer Licensing Guide
- Backup Exec 15 Readme First Release Notes
- Backup Exec 15 Administrator's Guide
- Backup Exec 15 Administrator's Guide Addendum
- Backup Exec EOL Items
- Backup Exec 15 Software Compatibility List
- Backup Exec 15 Hardware Compatibility List
- Backup Exec Product Page
- Veritas Communities
- Veritas Support
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team