Veritas NetBackup™ DataStore SDK Programmer's Guide for XBSA 1.1.0
- Introduction to NetBackup XBSA
- How to set up the SDK
- Using the NetBackup XBSA interface
- NetBackup XBSA data structures
- NetBackup XBSA environment
- XBSA sessions and transactions
- Creating a NetBackup XBSA application
- Initiating a session
- Backup - creating an object
- Query - finding an object descriptor
- Restore - retrieving an object's data
- Delete - deleting an object or image
- Media IDs - obtaining media IDs
- How to build an XBSA application
- How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- About How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- API reference
- Function calls
- Function specifications
- Type definitions
- Process flow and troubleshooting
- How to use the sample files
- Support and updates
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
End a transaction.
int BSAEndTxn(BSA_Handle bsaHandle, BSA_Vote vote)
BSAEndTxn() is coupled with BSABeginTxn() to identify the API call or set of API calls that are to be treated as a transaction. The caller must specify as a parameter to the BSAEndTxn() call whether or not the transaction is to be committed.
The BSA_RC_TRANSACTION_ABORTED error is only returned when a vote of BSA_Vote_COMMIT has been specified but an error has occurred that causes the transaction to be aborted. A BSAEndTxn() specifying a vote of BSA_Vote_ABORT returns a success status.
BSA_Handle bsaHandle (I)
This parameter is the handle that associates this call with a previous BSAInit() call.
BSA_Vote vote (I)
This parameter indicates whether or not the caller wants to commit all the actions done between the previous BSABeginTxn() call and this call.
The following return codes are returned by this function:
System detected error, operation aborted.
There is no corresponding BSABeginTxn().
The handle used to associate this call with a previous BSAInit() call is invalid.
The value specified for vote is invalid.
The function succeeded.
The transaction was aborted.