Veritas NetBackup™ DataStore SDK Programmer's Guide for XBSA 1.1.0
- Introduction to NetBackup XBSA
- How to set up the SDK
- Using the NetBackup XBSA interface
- NetBackup XBSA data structures
- NetBackup XBSA environment
- XBSA sessions and transactions
- Creating a NetBackup XBSA application
- Initiating a session
- Backup - creating an object
- Query - finding an object descriptor
- Restore - retrieving an object's data
- Delete - deleting an object or image
- Media IDs - obtaining media IDs
- How to build an XBSA application
- How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- About How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- API reference
- Function calls
- Function specifications
- Type definitions
- Process flow and troubleshooting
- How to use the sample files
- Support and updates
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
What is NetBackup XBSA?
XBSA is an Open Group Technical Standard that defines a Backup Services API (XBSA). The XBSA specification consists of source procedure calls, type definitions, data structures, and return codes. The client applications use these to be able to use a backup service, NetBackup, and to store and manage data.
The NetBackup XBSA is an API to NetBackup developed to the XBSA specifications. The NetBackup XBSA interface has extended the XBSA specifications to make it easier to use and enhance performance when used with NetBackup. Exceptions are noted throughout the document.
NetBackup XBSA is provided as a Software Developers Kit (SDK) that includes the header files and the libraries that are required to create an XBSA application.