Veritas NetBackup™ DataStore SDK Programmer's Guide for XBSA 1.1.0
- Introduction to NetBackup XBSA
- How to set up the SDK
- Using the NetBackup XBSA interface
- NetBackup XBSA data structures
- NetBackup XBSA environment
- XBSA sessions and transactions
- Creating a NetBackup XBSA application
- Initiating a session
- Backup - creating an object
- Query - finding an object descriptor
- Restore - retrieving an object's data
- Delete - deleting an object or image
- Media IDs - obtaining media IDs
- How to build an XBSA application
- How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- About How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- API reference
- Function calls
- Function specifications
- Type definitions
- Process flow and troubleshooting
- How to use the sample files
- Support and updates
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
The return code BSA_RC_SUCCESS is returned on successful completion by all NetBackup XBSA function calls.
Table: Error Messages for NetBackup XBSA Functions
Return Code Name
The function succeeded.
System detected error, operation aborted.
There was an authentication failure.
The sequence of API calls is incorrect.
The handle used to associate this call with a previous BSAInit() call is invalid.
The value specified for vote is invalid.
There are more objects to restore in a multiple object restore operation.
The license for the requested feature is not available.
No XBSA object matched the specified predicate.
No more data is available.
A parameter passed to this function has an invalid value.
There is no copy of the requested XBSA object.
The transaction was aborted.
The BSA_DataBlock32 parameter contained an inconsistent value.
The NetBackup implementation does not support the specified version of the interface.
Access to the requested XBSA object is not possible.
The supplied buffer is too small to contain the data, as specified by the accompanying size parameter.
The copyId field contained an unrecognized value.
An entry in the environment structure is invalid or missing.
The BSA_ObjectDescriptor was invalid.
The BSA_QueryDescriptor was invalid.