Veritas NetBackup™ DataStore SDK Programmer's Guide for XBSA 1.1.0
- Introduction to NetBackup XBSA
- How to set up the SDK
- Using the NetBackup XBSA interface
- NetBackup XBSA data structures
- NetBackup XBSA environment
- XBSA sessions and transactions
- Creating a NetBackup XBSA application
- Initiating a session
- Backup - creating an object
- Query - finding an object descriptor
- Restore - retrieving an object's data
- Delete - deleting an object or image
- Media IDs - obtaining media IDs
- How to build an XBSA application
- How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- About How to run a NetBackup XBSA application
- API reference
- Function calls
- Function specifications
- Type definitions
- Process flow and troubleshooting
- How to use the sample files
- Support and updates
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Delete a NetBackup image.
int NBBSADeleteImage(BSA_Handle bsaHandle, BSA_UInt64 copyId)
NBBSADeleteImage() deletes a NetBackup image given the copyId of an XBSA object. The value for copyId can be obtained from a previous BSAQueryObject() call. The copyId value is unique on a given NetBackup Master Server. The XBSA application can only delete a NetBackup image that contains the XBSA objects that it owns.
NBBSADeleteImage() deletes an image regardless of the number of objects contained in an image. For an image containing multiple objects, NBBSADeleteImage() only needs to be called once passing in the copyId of any of the objects contained in the image.
The deletion of an image occurs during the NBBSADeleteImage() processing.
If the image data is stored in a NetBackup disk storage unit, the data is deleted with the image. If the image is on a tape storage unit, the data is considered expired but is not deleted until all of the images on the media are expired. You cannot create and then delete an image within a single transaction.
BSA_Handle bsaHandle (I)
This parameter is the handle that associates this call with a previous BSAInit() call.
BSA_UInt64 copyId (I)
This parameter is the unique ID of an XBSA object that is contained in the image to be deleted. The value for a specific XBSA object can be obtained through a BSAQueryObject() call.
The following return codes are returned by this function:
System detected error, operation aborted.
Cannot delete NetBackup image with the given copyId.
The sequence of API calls is incorrect. Within a transaction calling NBBSADeleteImage(), it is permissible to embed BSAQueryObject() and BSAGetNextQueryObject() calls. This allows the XBSA application to intermix NBBSADeleteImage() calls with BSAQueryObject() and BSAGetNextQueryObject() calls to delete multiple images within one transaction. Backup and restore operations are not allowed within a transaction that calls NBBSADeleteImage().
The copyId field cannot be zero.
The handle used to associate this call with a previous BSAInit() call is invalid.
The given copyId does not exist.
The function succeeded.