Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3.1 Installation Guide - AIX
Last Published: 2017-12-04
Product(s): InfoScale & Storage Foundation (7.3.1)
- Section I. Introduction to Veritas InfoScale
- Introducing Veritas InfoScale
- Licensing Veritas InfoScale
- Section II. Planning and preparation
- System requirements
- Hardware requirements
- Preparing to install
- Setting up the private network
- Setting up shared storage
- Planning the installation setup for SF Oracle RAC systems
- Planning your network configuration
- Planning the storage
- Planning the storage for Oracle RAC
- System requirements
- Section III. Installation of Veritas InfoScale
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Installing Veritas Infoscale using operating system-specific methods
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using NIM and the installer
- Completing the post installation tasks
- Section IV. Uninstallation of Veritas InfoScale
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Section V. Installation reference
- Appendix A. Installation scripts
- Appendix B. Tunable files for installation
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting installation issues
Removing Storage Foundation products using SMIT
Use the following procedure to remove Storage Foundation products using SMIT.
To remove the packages using SMIT
- Stop the following SFCFSHA modules: VCS, VxFEN, ODM, GAB, and LLT.
Run the following commands to stop the SFCFSHA modules:
# hastop -all
# /etc/methods/glmkextadm unload
# /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/s99odm stop
# /etc/methods/gmskextadm unload
# /etc/init.d/vxfen.rc stop
# /etc/init.d/gab.rc stop
# /etc/init.d/llt.rc stop
Run the following commands to check if all the modules have been stopped:
# gabconfig -a
- Disable DMP native support, if it is enabled. Run the following command to disable DMP native support
# vxdmpadm settune dmp_native_support=off # shutdown -Fr
- Enter this command to invoke SMIT:
- In SMIT, select Software Installation and Maintenance > Software Maintenance and Utilities > Remove Installed Software.
- Under the SOFTWARE name menu, press F4 or Esc-4 to list all the software that is installed on the system.
- Enter "/" for Find, type "VRTS" to find all filesets, and select the filesets that you want to remove.
- Restart the system after removing all Storage Foundation filesets.
- Depending on the choices that were made when Storage Foundation was originally installed, you may find that not all of the listed Storage Foundation filesets are installed on the system. You may also choose to remove the VRTSvlic licensing package unless some other Veritas InfoScale software requires it.