Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3.1 Installation Guide - AIX
- Section I. Introduction to Veritas InfoScale
- Introducing Veritas InfoScale
- Licensing Veritas InfoScale
- Section II. Planning and preparation
- System requirements
- Hardware requirements
- Preparing to install
- Setting up the private network
- Setting up shared storage
- Planning the installation setup for SF Oracle RAC systems
- Planning your network configuration
- Planning the storage
- Planning the storage for Oracle RAC
- System requirements
- Section III. Installation of Veritas InfoScale
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Installing Veritas Infoscale using operating system-specific methods
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using NIM and the installer
- Completing the post installation tasks
- Section IV. Uninstallation of Veritas InfoScale
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Section V. Installation reference
- Appendix A. Installation scripts
- Appendix B. Tunable files for installation
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting installation issues
Installing Veritas InfoScale using the installer
The product installer is the recommended method to license and install Veritas InfoScale.
To install Veritas Infoscale
- Load and mount the software disc. If you downloaded the software, navigate to the top level of the download directory and skip the next step.
- Move to the top-level directory on the disc.
# cd /mnt/cdrom
- From this directory, type the following command to start the installation on the local system.
- Press I to install and press Enter.
- The list of available products is displayed. Select the product that you want to install on your system.
1) Veritas InfoScale Foundation 2) Veritas InfoScale Availability 3) Veritas InfoScale Storage 4) Veritas InfoScale Enterprise b) Back to previous menu Select a product to install: [1-4,b,q]
- The installer asks whether you want to configure the product.
Would you like to configure InfoScale Enterprise after installation? [y,n,q]
If you enter y, the installer configures the product after installation. If you enter n, the installer quits after the installation is complete.
- At the prompt, specify whether you accept the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA).
Do you agree with the terms of the End User License Agreement as specified in the EULA/en/EULA.pdf file present on media? [y,n,q,?] y
- The installer performs the pre-checks. If it is a fresh system, the product is set as the user defined it. If the system already has a different product installed, the product is set as Veritas InfoScale Enterprise with a warning message after pre-check.
Veritas InfoScale Availability is installed. Installation of two products is not supported, Veritas InfoScale Enterprise will be installed to include Veritas InfoScale Storage and Veritas InfoScale Availability on all the systems.
- Choose the licensing method. Answer the licensing questions and follow the prompts.
1) Enter a valid license key 2) Enable keyless licensing and complete system licensing later How would you like to license the systems? [1-2,q] (2)
You can also register your license using the installer menu by selecting the L) License a Product option.
- Check the log file to confirm the installation. The log files, summary file, and response file are saved at: