Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3.1 Installation Guide - AIX
Last Published: 2017-12-04
Product(s): InfoScale & Storage Foundation (7.3.1)
- Section I. Introduction to Veritas InfoScale
- Introducing Veritas InfoScale
- Licensing Veritas InfoScale
- Section II. Planning and preparation
- System requirements
- Hardware requirements
- Preparing to install
- Setting up the private network
- Setting up shared storage
- Planning the installation setup for SF Oracle RAC systems
- Planning your network configuration
- Planning the storage
- Planning the storage for Oracle RAC
- System requirements
- Section III. Installation of Veritas InfoScale
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Installing Veritas Infoscale using operating system-specific methods
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using NIM and the installer
- Completing the post installation tasks
- Section IV. Uninstallation of Veritas InfoScale
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Section V. Installation reference
- Appendix A. Installation scripts
- Appendix B. Tunable files for installation
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting installation issues
Installing Veritas InfoScale on the NIM client using SMIT on the NIM server
You can install Veritas InfoScale on the NIM client using the SMIT tool on the NIM server.
Perform these steps on each node to have Veritas InfoScale installed in a cluster.
To install Veritas InfoScale
- On the NIM server, start SMIT.
# smitty nim
- In the menu, select Perform NIM Software Installation and Maintenance Tasks.
- In the menu, select Install and Update Software.
- In the menu, select Install Software Bundle.
- Select the systems from the list on which to install the software bundle.
- In the menu, select the LPP_SOURCE. In this example, specify LPP-73100-up2date.
- In the menu, select the bundle.
- For the
installpflags, specify that the ACCEPT new license agreements flag has a yes value.
- If you want to use NIM to upgrade to another Veritas InfoScale product, make sure that the Customization SCRIPT to run after installation flag has the value [install_scripts].
- Press the Enter key to start the installation. Note that it may take some time to finish.
- After the installation completes, configure Veritas InfoScale.