Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3.1 Installation Guide - AIX
- Section I. Introduction to Veritas InfoScale
- Introducing Veritas InfoScale
- Licensing Veritas InfoScale
- Section II. Planning and preparation
- System requirements
- Hardware requirements
- Preparing to install
- Setting up the private network
- Setting up shared storage
- Planning the installation setup for SF Oracle RAC systems
- Planning your network configuration
- Planning the storage
- Planning the storage for Oracle RAC
- System requirements
- Section III. Installation of Veritas InfoScale
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Installing Veritas Infoscale using operating system-specific methods
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using NIM and the installer
- Completing the post installation tasks
- Section IV. Uninstallation of Veritas InfoScale
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Section V. Installation reference
- Appendix A. Installation scripts
- Appendix B. Tunable files for installation
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting installation issues
Setting tunables with no other installer-related operations
You can use the installer to set tunable parameters without any other installer-related operations. You must use the parameters described in this guide. Note that many of the parameters are product-specific. You must select the tunables that you want to use from this guide.
Certain tunables only take effect after a system reboot.
To set tunables with no other installer-related operations
- Prepare the tunables file.
- Make sure the systems where you want to install Veritas InfoScale meet the installation requirements.
- Complete any preinstallation tasks.
- Copy the tunables file to one of the systems that you want to tune.
- Mount the product disc and navigate to the directory that contains the installation program.
- Start the installer with the -settunables option.
# ./installer -tunablesfile tunables_file_name -settunables [ sys123 sys234 ...]
Where /tmp/tunables_file is the full path name for the tunables file.
- Proceed with the operation. When prompted, accept the tunable parameters.
Certain tunables are only activated after a reboot. Review the output carefully to determine if the system requires a reboot to set the tunable value.
- The installer validates the tunables. If an error occurs, exit the installer and check the tunables file.