Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3.1 Installation Guide - AIX
- Section I. Introduction to Veritas InfoScale
- Introducing Veritas InfoScale
- Licensing Veritas InfoScale
- Section II. Planning and preparation
- System requirements
- Hardware requirements
- Preparing to install
- Setting up the private network
- Setting up shared storage
- Planning the installation setup for SF Oracle RAC systems
- Planning your network configuration
- Planning the storage
- Planning the storage for Oracle RAC
- System requirements
- Section III. Installation of Veritas InfoScale
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Installing Veritas Infoscale using operating system-specific methods
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using NIM and the installer
- Completing the post installation tasks
- Section IV. Uninstallation of Veritas InfoScale
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Section V. Installation reference
- Appendix A. Installation scripts
- Appendix B. Tunable files for installation
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting installation issues
Installing Veritas InfoScale using response files
Typically, you can use the response file that the installer generates after you perform Veritas InfoScale installation on a system to install Veritas InfoScale on other systems..
To install Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Make sure the systems where you want to install Veritas InfoScale meet the installation requirements.
- Make sure that the preinstallation tasks are completed.
- Copy the response file to the system where you want to install Veritas InfoScale.
- Edit the values of the response file variables as necessary.
- Mount the product disc and navigate to the directory that contains the installation program.
- Start the installation from the system to which you copied the response file. For example:
# ./installer -responsefile /tmp/response_file
/tmp/response_fileis the response file's full path name.
- Complete the Veritas InfoScale post-installation tasks.
For instructions, see the chapter Performing post-installation tasks in this document.