Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3.1 Installation Guide - AIX
- Section I. Introduction to Veritas InfoScale
- Introducing Veritas InfoScale
- Licensing Veritas InfoScale
- Section II. Planning and preparation
- System requirements
- Hardware requirements
- Preparing to install
- Setting up the private network
- Setting up shared storage
- Planning the installation setup for SF Oracle RAC systems
- Planning your network configuration
- Planning the storage
- Planning the storage for Oracle RAC
- System requirements
- Section III. Installation of Veritas InfoScale
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Installing Veritas Infoscale using operating system-specific methods
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using NIM and the installer
- Completing the post installation tasks
- Section IV. Uninstallation of Veritas InfoScale
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Section V. Installation reference
- Appendix A. Installation scripts
- Appendix B. Tunable files for installation
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting installation issues
Obtaining installer patches
You can access public installer patches automatically or manually on the Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website's Patch Finder page at:
To download installer patches automatically
- If you are running Veritas InfoScale version 7.0 or later, and your system has Internet access, the installer automatically imports any needed installer patch, and begins using it.
Automatically downloading installer patches requires the installer to make outbound networking calls. You can also disable external network connection attempts.
If your system does not have Internet access, you can download installer patches manually.
To download installer patches manually
- Go to the Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website's Patch Finder page, and save the most current patch on your local system.
- Navigate to the directory where you want to unzip the file you downloaded in step 1.
- Unzip the patch tar file. For example, run the following command:
# gunzip cpi-7.3.1P2-patches.tar.gz
- Untar the file. For example, enter the following:
# tar -xvf cpi-7.3.1P2-patches.tar patches/ patches/CPI731P2.pl README
- Navigate to the installation media or to the installation directory.
- To start using the patch, run the installer command with the -require option. For example, enter the following:
# ./installer -require /target_directory/patches/CPI731P2.pl