Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3.1 Installation Guide - AIX
- Section I. Introduction to Veritas InfoScale
- Introducing Veritas InfoScale
- Licensing Veritas InfoScale
- Section II. Planning and preparation
- System requirements
- Hardware requirements
- Preparing to install
- Setting up the private network
- Setting up shared storage
- Planning the installation setup for SF Oracle RAC systems
- Planning your network configuration
- Planning the storage
- Planning the storage for Oracle RAC
- System requirements
- Section III. Installation of Veritas InfoScale
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Installing Veritas Infoscale using operating system-specific methods
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using NIM and the installer
- Completing the post installation tasks
- Section IV. Uninstallation of Veritas InfoScale
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Section V. Installation reference
- Appendix A. Installation scripts
- Appendix B. Tunable files for installation
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting installation issues
Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale filesets using the installer
Use the following procedure to remove Veritas InfoScale products.
Not all filesets may be installed on your system depending on the choices that you made when you installed the software.
After you uninstall the product, you cannot access any file systems you created using the default disk layout version in Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 with a previous version of Veritas InfoScale.
To shut down and remove the installed Veritas InfoScale filesets
- Disable DMP native support, if it is enabled. Run the following command to disable DMP native support
# vxdmpadm settune dmp_native_support=off # shutdown -Fr
- Comment out or remove any Veritas File System (VxFS) entries from the file system table /etc/filesystems. Failing to remove these entries could result in system boot problems later.
- Unmount all mount points for VxFS file systems.
# umount /mount_point
- If the VxVM package (VRTSvxvm) is installed, read and follow the uninstallation procedures for VxVM.
- Make sure you have performed all of the prerequisite steps.
- In an HA configuration, stop VCS processes on either the local system or all systems.
To stop VCS processes on the local system:
# hastop -local
To stop VCS processes on all systems:
# hastop -all
- Move to the
/opt/VRTS/installdirectory and run the uninstall script.
# cd /opt/VRTS/install
# ./installer -uninstall
- The uninstall script prompts for the system name. Enter one or more system names, separated by a space, from which to uninstall Veritas InfoScale.
Enter the system names separated by spaces: [q?] sys1 sys2
- The uninstall script prompts you to stop the product processes. If you respond yes, the processes are stopped and the filesets are uninstalled.
The uninstall script creates log files and displays the location of the log files.
- Most filesets have kernel components. In order to ensure complete removal, a system reboot is recommended after all filesets have been removed.
- In case the uninstallation fails to remove any of the VRTS packages, check the installer logs for the reason for failure or try to remove the packages manually using the following command:
# installp -u VRTSvxvm