Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3.1 Installation Guide - AIX
- Section I. Introduction to Veritas InfoScale
- Introducing Veritas InfoScale
- Licensing Veritas InfoScale
- Section II. Planning and preparation
- System requirements
- Hardware requirements
- Preparing to install
- Setting up the private network
- Setting up shared storage
- Planning the installation setup for SF Oracle RAC systems
- Planning your network configuration
- Planning the storage
- Planning the storage for Oracle RAC
- System requirements
- Section III. Installation of Veritas InfoScale
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Installing Veritas Infoscale using operating system-specific methods
- Installing Veritas InfoScale using NIM and the installer
- Completing the post installation tasks
- Section IV. Uninstallation of Veritas InfoScale
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using the installer
- Uninstalling Veritas InfoScale using response files
- Section V. Installation reference
- Appendix A. Installation scripts
- Appendix B. Tunable files for installation
- Appendix C. Troubleshooting installation issues
Setting tunables for an installation, configuration, or upgrade
You can use a tunables file for installation procedures to set non-default tunables. You invoke the installation script with the tunablesfile option. The tunables file passes arguments to the script to set the selected tunables. You must select the tunables that you want to use from this guide.
Certain tunables only take effect after a system reboot.
To set the non-default tunables for an installation, configuration, or upgrade
- Prepare the tunables file.
- Make sure the systems where you want to install Veritas InfoScale meet the installation requirements.
- Complete any preinstallation tasks.
- Copy the tunables file to one of the systems where you want to install, configure, or upgrade the product.
- Mount the product disc and navigate to the directory that contains the installation program.
- Start the installer for the installation, configuration, or upgrade. For example:
# ./installer -tunablesfile /tmp/tunables_file -settunables [sys1 sys2 ...]
Where /tmp/tunables_file is the full path name for the tunables file.
- Proceed with the operation. When prompted, accept the tunable parameters.
Certain tunables are only activated after a reboot. Review the output carefully to determine if the system requires a reboot to set the tunable value.
- The installer validates the tunables. If an error occurs, exit the installer and check the tunables file.