Veritas NetBackup™ 5240 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding one or more storage shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any storage shelves
- Appendix B. Adding storage shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one storage shelf attached
- Recabling to connect additional shelves
- Appendix C. Adding the disk space of additional storage shelves
About the appliance and the storage shelves
The NetBackup 5240 appliance and storage shelves provide storage capacity in several configurations. You can use the appliance by itself to achieve 4TB, 14TB, or 27TB of usable capacity. You can add storage shelves to any appliance to further increase the storage capacity.
You can add up to six Veritas 2U12 49TB Storage Shelves to an existing NetBackup 5240 Appliance. Before you place the system into a production environment, you must migrate all MSDP data from the appliance to the first external storage shelf. After you migrate the MSDP data, the amount of usable storage space may fluctuate, depending on how much storage space the MSDP data pool presently uses.
Refer to the NetBackup 5240 Appliance Product Description Guide at the following site for details about usable storage options.