Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Setting the exclude disks Custom Attribute
You can select up to and including 50 virtual machines to which you can apply a Custom Attribute.
To set the exclude disks Custom Attribute
- In the top level of the vSphere Web Client object navigator, click Veritas NetBackup.
- Click Virtual Disk Exclusion Wizard.
- On the Virtual Machine Selection screen, select the virtual machine or virtual machines to which you want to apply the Custom Attribute, as follows:
In the vCenter Server drop-down list, select the vCenter Server that hosts the wanted virtual machines.
By default, the wizard selects the server that you selected in the vSphere Web Client.
In the Custom Attribute field, enter the name for the attribute.
By default, Veritas suggests NB_DISK_EXCLUDE_LIST for the name.
In the Search field, enter a value to search for. The wizard displays the VMs that match that value.
In the Search Results list, select the VMs to which you want to add the Custom Attribute and then click Add Virtual Machines. You can change the Search Results order by clicking on the column headers.
The counter in the Virtual Machines Added block at the top of the screen shows how many VMs that you added. View Details also appears in the block after you add virtual machines.
To remove VMs, click View Details, click the X next to each VM that you want to remove, then click Close.
To continue to the next wizard screen, click Next.
- On the Select Virtual Disks to Exclude screen, select the virtual disk or virtual disks to which you want to apply the Custom Attribute, as follows:
Select a virtual machine in the list of virtual machines.
You can remove VMs by clicking the X next to each VM that you want to remove.
In the Available Disks list, select the disk or disks to add to the Custom Attribute. You can select all disks in the list by selecting the check box in the Exclude disk column header. If a disk is excluded already, a warning icon appears in the Exclude disk column.
You can change the Search Results order by clicking on the column headers.
Repeat steps a and b for each virtual machine.
When you finish selecting disks, click Next to continue to the next wizard screen.
- On the Review Selections screen, review and set the Custom Attribute, as follows:
Review the selections for the disks to exclude.
Click Set Exclusions to add the Custom Attribute to all of the selected VMs. The list box shows the results of the operation.
Click Show More Details to see more.