Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Cleaning the recovery environment and releasing the NetBackup resources
Use this screen to complete the instant recovery process by cleaning the recovery setup and releasing the NetBackup resources. The instant recovery workflow is completed only when the recovery is completed and the NetBackup resources are released.
Use the following utilities to complete the instant recovery functional workflow.
Table: Fields in the Instant Recovery Cleanup screen
Use this option when the connection to the virtual machine was interrupted. The interruption may occur due to a network disconnect between the NetBackup media and the ESX server. This option reactivates a restored virtual machine by remounting the NetBackup datastore. It also registers the restored virtual machines on the ESX host.
Use this option when you are done with the restore and do not intend to retain the restored virtual machine. This action removes the virtual machine from the ESX host. If no other virtual machine uses the NetBackup datastore, this option removes that datastore and releases its resources on the NetBackup media server.
Initiate Instant Recovery Done
Use this option to complete the instant recovery operation after you have performed the Storage vMotion of the virtual machines to a different datastore. This option completes the virtual machine instant recovery operation after the vMotion migration of the virtual machine is completed. When the datastore is removed, its resources are released on the NetBackup media server.