Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Setting vCenter privileges for recovering virtual machines with the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
Use the following procedure to set the user privileges in vCenter for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard. Set the privileges on each vCenter where virtual machines may need to be restored.
If the user account to access the plug-in cannot be assigned administrator privileges, you must set the following permissions at the vCenter level.
To set vCenter privileges for recovering virtual machines
- In vSphere Web Client, click Home > Roles.
- Under Roles, click Administrator.
- Click Privileges.
- Drill into Global and make sure Log Event is selected.
- Drill into NetBackup Recovery and make sure the following are selected:
Add or Remove NetBackup Servers
Virtual Machine Recovery
- Set the privileges on each vCenter where virtual machines may need to be restored.
The NetBackup Virtual Machine Recovery privilege grants global recovery authorization. It allows users with that role to recover any virtual machine that resides on that vCenter. Use caution when granting this privilege to users.