Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Using consistent vCenter naming with the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
The name of the vCenter server must be identical in the following locations:
In the vCenter server installation.
In the NetBackup credentials.
In the NetBackup plug-in installation.
If the vCenter server name is not entered correctly, the plug-in may not be able to access one or more of the virtual machine images. Renaming the vCenter server is currently not supported for vCenter version 6.0 or 6.5.
To set the
- In vSphere Web Client, click vCenter Inventory Lists > Resources > vCenter Servers and select the vCenter server that you want to update.
- Click Manage > Settings > Advanced Settings.
- Set the VirtualCenter.VimApiUrl key to the following:
https://correct hostname of the vCenter machine/sdk
Where hostname is the current host name of the vCenter.
For example: https://vCenter1.example.com/sdk
To set the
- Use the following procedure in the VMware vSphere 6.5 documentation:
Configure Runtime Settings for vCenter Server
For vSphere 6.0, the step "Select the Configure tab" should read "Select the Manage tab."