Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery Wizard (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Upgrading the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
You can upgrade the NetBackup vSphere Web Client plug-in from an earlier version.
To upgrade the plug-in, the vCenter credentials require theprivileges.
To upgrade the NetBackup plug-in from an earlier version
- On the master server, run the vwcp_manage command:
UNIX, Linux: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/vwcp_manage
The vwcp_manage command detects any existing version of the vSphere Web Client plug-in.
- On the End User License Agreement dialog, click Accept.
- On the VMware vCenter Server Details dialog, select the vCenter from the pull-down list and enter the vCenter credentials. Click Validate.
On the Plug-in package location dialog:
The URL field is pre-populated with the plug-in package URL as hosted on the master server.
To use a custom web server instead of the master server, select Use alternate plug-in package location and enter the full URL for the plug-in package.
- On the Unregister or Upgrade dialog, click Upgrade and confirm it.
- On the Finish dialog, click Close.
- Log on to the vSphere Web Client. If you are currently logged on, log out first.
- To verify that the plug-in upgraded correctly, go to the vSphere Web Client object navigator.
For example, under Home > Hosts and Clusters > Monitor, look for the Veritas NetBackup tab.
If the Veritas NetBackup tab does not appear: