Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
About permissions for NetBackup for Informix log files
NetBackup uses the
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs directory tree not only for the recording of troubleshooting information, but for progress and communication updates to users and other NetBackup applications. Restrictive permissions on these directories can not only disable the collection of troubleshooting data, but also prevent the application itself from functioning correctly.
Back up and restore operations fail when permissions are too restrictive. We recommend that you make all of the usr/openv/netbackup/logs directories and subdirectories readable and writeable by all users (777 permissions). However, security requirements may prohibit global read-write access. If so, you can restrict permissions of specific directories to a single group or user. You can restrict permissions in this way if the processes the group or a user runs initiate all backup and restore operations for that directory.
Check that the
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops directory tree has 777 permissions. The items in this directory need to be accessible for the applications to operate correctly.