Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
NetBackup server and client requirements
The NetBackup server software is installed and operational on the NetBackup server.
See the NetBackup Installation Guide.
Make sure that you configure any backup media that the storage unit uses. The number of media volumes that are required depends on several things:
The devices that are used and storage capacity of the media
The sizes of the databases that you want to back up
The amount of data that you want to archive
The size of your backups
The frequency of backups or archives
The length of retention of the backup images
The NetBackup client software is installed on the computer that has the databases you want to back up.
If the database is clustered, you must use the same version of NetBackup on each node in the cluster.
To use the new features that are included in NetBackup for Informix in NetBackup 8.1.2, you must upgrade your NetBackup for Informix clients to NetBackup 8.1.2. The NetBackup media server must use the same version as the NetBackup for Informix client or a higher version than the client.