Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
How NetBackup for Informix works
You can run an ON-Bar script in one of the following ways:
Automatically, from the NetBackup scheduler
From the NetBackup administration interface on the NetBackup master server
From the command line on the NetBackup client
The following events occur for a backup:
If the process requires media to store backup data, onbar starts a user-directed backup by issuing a backup request.
The NetBackup media server connects to ON-Bar through the NetBackup library on the client and transfers the database data to secondary storage.
A restore works in essentially the same manner except that onbar issues a restore request. This action causes NetBackup to retrieve the data from secondary storage and send it to NetBackup for Informix on the client.
NetBackup also logs status, but only for its own part of the operation. This debug log is located in the following directory:
A database administrator cannot use NetBackup status to determine whether ON-Bar was successful because errors can occur in ON-Bar that do not affect NetBackup and are not recorded in its logs.