Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
About policy attributes
With a few exceptions, NetBackup manages the policy attributes set for a database backup like a file system backup. Other policy attributes vary according to your specific backup strategy and system configuration.
Table: Policy attribute descriptions for NetBackup for Informix policies describes some of the policy attributes available for a NetBackup for Informix policy. For more information on policy attributes, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
Table: Policy attribute descriptions for NetBackup for Informix policies
Determines the types of clients that can be backed up with the policy. For Informix databases, select the policy type Informix-ON-Bar.
For NetBackup for Informix, the INFXBSA_KEYWORD.entry is ignored. However, it can be set using the environment variable