Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Configuring a Standard policy for backup of the $INFORMIXDIR/etc files
Note the following:
You must specify the name of the policy in the backup scripts that you modify on the client.
You do not need to configure a file list for this policy because the policy uses a User Backup type schedule.
To configure a Standard policy
- Add a new policy.
See "Configuring a NetBackup Policy."
Specify the general attributes for the policy.
Select Standard for the policy type.
Specify other attributes as desired.
- Add a schedule.
Provide the following information.
Type the name of your schedule.
Type of Backup
Select User Backup.
A User Backup schedule enables user controlled NetBackup operations performed on the client.
Set the time period that is needed to retain two full backups of your database.
For example, if your database is backed up once every Sunday morning, select a retention period of at least two weeks.
Set the time of day when you want backup operations to be available to the user.
Set this window to the same time periods as the Application Backup schedule in the Informix-ON-Bar policy.
- Specify the clients to be backed up.
The client must have both Informix and NetBackup for Informix installed.
- Click OK.