Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
Rules for NetBackup for Informix scripts
Observe the following when you use scripts:
To ensure that scripts run successfully on all clients, ensure that:
The scripts reside on each client in the client list and in the same location on each client
The script location is registered.
That NetBackup can access the location.
If you use NetBackup for Informix in a cluster, that the scripts reside in a location that is available after a failover.
NetBackup installs sample scripts when you install the software; you can modify these scripts for your own use. Write the scripts to a location outside of the original installation location. This action ensures that future NetBackup upgrades do not overwrite your site's scripts.