Veritas NetBackup™ for Informix Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Informix
- Installing NetBackup for Informix
- Configuring NetBackup for Informix
- About configuring a backup policy for Informix
- About schedule properties
- About NetBackup for Informix scripts
- Performing backups and restores of Informix
- About the NetBackup for Informix log files
- Appendix A. Register authorized locations
About the Informix ON-bar utility and library
To start a database backup or restore, the database administrator runs a command called onbar. This command, which is part of the Informix ON-Bar utility, can be executed from the command line, from an ON-Bar script, or from an application such as NetBackup. An ON-Bar script includes the onbar command to be executed and defines the database objects to be backed up or restored.
During a backup or restore, the Informix ON-Bar utility controls the data streams going into or out of a database. To access the storage devices, this utility must be integrated with a media-management system such as the one provided by NetBackup and its Media Manager.
The onbar command is documented in the IBM Informix Backup and Restore Guide.
Instructions are available for how to find the supported Informix version level.
NetBackup for Informix has a special library that contains the functions necessary for the Informix ON-Bar utility to use NetBackup.