Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
About Oracle support for Replication Director
Replication Director can be used to create snapshots of the Oracle database and replicate the snapshots to other NetApp disk arrays. To use Replication Director, the Oracle database must exist on a NetApp NAS disk array. (It is not supported on SAN storage at this time.)
Oracle snapshot backups that use Replication Director are supported on UNIX platforms only.
The administrator can create an Oracle policy to use Replication Director by using either the following methods:
The Oracle Intelligent Policy (recommended).
Create a script- or template-based Oracle policy.
Table: Differences in Oracle snapshot policy setup describes the differences between the two methods:
Table: Differences in Oracle snapshot policy setup
Oracle Intelligent Policy
Script- or template-based Oracle policy
The administrator configures only one schedule that backs up all parts of the database and sets the correct retention automatically.
The Archived Redo Log schedule is not supported with a snapshot backup.
The administrator must configure two schedules with two retentions:
The Archived Redo Log schedule is available with a configured script.
User-directed backups are not supported. To attempt a user-directed backup (results in a status 240 (no schedules of the correct type exist in this policy).
User-directed backups are supported.
RAC load balancing is not supported.
RAC load balancing is supported.