Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
About policy attributes
With a few exceptions, NetBackup manages the policy attributes set for a database backup like a file system backup. Other policy attributes vary according to your specific backup strategy and system configuration.
Table: Policy attribute descriptions for NetBackup for Oracle policies describes some of the policy attributes available for a NetBackup for Oracle policy. For more information on policy attributes, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
Table: Policy attribute descriptions for NetBackup for Oracle policies
Determines the types of clients that can be backed up with the policy. For Oracle databases, select the policy type Oracle.
Sets the maximum number of instances that NetBackup can back up concurrently with this policy.
This option is available for Oracle policies on UNIX. Select this attribute to back up the files from NFS-mounted file systems. If this option is not selected, NetBackup cannot perform a backup of NFS-mounted files.
Also see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
This option is not available for snapshot backups.
For NetBackup for Oracle, theentry is ignored.
This group contains the options that enable backups with Snapshot Client and Replication Director.