Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
About schedules for BLI backup policies
The NetBackup server starts these schedule types:
Differential Incremental Backup
Cumulative Incremental Backup
Each BLI backup policy must include one full backup schedule and at least one incremental backup schedule. In addition, you must designate one of the BLI backup policies as the POLICY_IN_CONTROL. The policies for each stream must have the same types of schedules.
The NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I describes other schedule attributes and how to configure them.
You can configure the following types of schedules:
User-directed backup schedule. The user-directed backup schedule encompasses all the days and times when user-directed backups are allowed to occur. Set the backup window as described.
The policies for each stream must have the same types of schedules.
Automatically initiated backup schedules. Include server-initiated backup schedules to specify the days and times for NetBackup to automatically start backups of the files specified in the policy file list. Set the backup window as described.
For server-initiated full and incremental backup schedules, set the start times and durations to define the appropriate windows for the backups. Follow the same procedure used to define backup schedules for other policies. For more information on these procedures, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
The backups are started by the scheduler only within the backup window specified. For the POLICY_IN_CONTROL, include in the user-directed backup schedule the time periods when the BLI backup policies complete.
Set the retention level and periods to meet user requirements.