Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Configuring the Maximum jobs per client for NetBackup for Oracle
The following procedure shows how to set theattribute.
- In the left pane of the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties.
- Select Master Server.
- In the right pane, double-click the server icon.
- Click Global Attributes.
- Change the Maximum jobs per client value to 99.
The Maximum jobs per client specifies the maximum number of concurrent backups that are allowed per client. The default is 1.
You can use the following formula to calculate a smaller value for the maximum jobs per client setting:
Maximum jobs per client = number_of_streams X number_of_policies
Refer to the following definitions:
The number of backup streams between the database server and NetBackup. Each separate stream starts a new backup job on the client.
The number of policies of any type that can back up this client at the same time. This number can be greater than one. For example, a client can be in two policies to back up two different databases. These backup windows can overlap.
For Oracle backups and restores, the number of jobs is difficult to determine. This difficulty exists because Oracle internally determines when and how many streams to run in parallel to optimize performance.
Enter a large enough value for theattribute to meet the number of jobs that Oracle runs. You may need to experiment with different values at your site.