Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for Oracle
Your backup configuration must ensure that the entire database can be successfully restored.
To configure a policy for BLI backups, configure the following:
An Automatic Backup schedule to perform full and incremental snapshot backups of the data files.
An Application Backup schedule to perform a stream-based backup of control files and archived redo logs. These files are backed up with standard RMAN operations.
To configure a policy for BLI backups
- Open the policy you want to configure.
- Click the Attributes tab.
- From the Policy Type list, choose Oracle.
- Select a Policy storage.
- Select Perform block level incremental backups.
- To configure schedules, click the Schedules tab.
Oracle does not support proxy backups of database control files and archived redo logs. To perform a whole database proxy backup, which automatically includes a backup of the control file, configure the following:
One or more automatic backup schedules to perform proxy BLI backups of the data files.
An Application Backup schedule type to back up the control files and archived redo logs.
- On the Clients tab, specify clients to be backed up with this policy.
- On the Backup Selections tab, specify the template or script.