Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Configuring an OIP using a share on the NetBackup appliance (Copilot)
This feature requires a NetBackup appliance running software version 2.7.1 or later.
Theoption protects the database backups that an Oracle DBA creates on a share on the NetBackup appliance.
Theoption enhances the OIP to allow the NetBackup Administrator to choose an appliance share as the destination for the first backup copy. The backup copy is a full set of data file copies that are maintained by updating only the changed blocks if is selected.
Use the following procedure to set up a backup policy that protects shares on the NetBackup appliance.
To configure an OIP using the Database Backup Shares or Whole Database - Datafile Copy Share options
- (Database Backup Shares option) The Oracle DBA asks NetBackup administrator for the appliance share information.
- The NetBackup administrator uses the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu to create a share on the appliance and then sets permissions for the share.
For more information about how to set up the share, see Creating a share from the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu in the Veritas NetBackup 52xx and 5330 Appliance Administrator's Guide
- The NetBackup administrator sends information about the appliance share to system administrator.
- The system administrator mounts an appliance share on the Oracle database server using the OS tools.
- (Database Backup Shares option) The Oracle DBA uses RMAN to create a database backup on the appliance share.
- Configure an OIP.
On the Attributes tab, select Oracle as the Policy Type.
The Use Accelerator option is automatically selected when the Whole Database - Datafile Copy Share option is selected. If the Use Accelerator option is unchecked the full set of data files are copied again (including changed blocks). When the Use Accelerator option is used, the Oracle Change Block tracking should be enabled for better performance.
For information on the Attributes tab, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
On the Schedules tab, click New and select Full Backup.
For information on the Schedules tab, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
Select the Oracle database instance in the Instance tab.
Backup Selections tab
Select the Database Backup Shares option in the Backup Selections tab.
Set up the deletion of backup sets and data file copies in the Oracle tab.
Theoption can only be configured when the media server is a NetBackup appliance. This option does not work with any other type of media server.
The NetBackup appliance media server can only be configured in a pure IPv4 or dual stack IPv4/IPv6 mode.