Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Sequence of operation: XML export archive
Figure: XML export archive data flow shows data flow.
NetBackup for Oracle users or automatic schedules start database XML export archives by performing a manual backup of an Oracle policy, by invoking the script or template at the command line on the client, or by invoking a template through the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
The NetBackup for Oracle script or template calls the bporaexp utility with a specified parameter file.
The query processor uses the parameters in the specified file to build an SQL query for each table.
Oracle's OCI API executes the queries on the Oracle database instance to be archived.
The query processor passes the output (including metadata and data for a single table or multiple tables) to the XML Generator.
For each table passed, the XML generator builds one or more sets of XML schema and XML instance documents.
XML data streams are backed up by NetBackup.
Alternately, bporaexp allows the files to be saved to an operating system directory.