Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
About the environment variables set by NetBackup for Oracle
When an automatic schedule runs, NetBackup sets environment variables for shell scripts to use. These variables are set only if the backup is started from the server, either automatically by the NetBackup scheduler or manually through the administrator interface.
On UNIX and Windows, these variables can be used to perform conditional operations within the backup script.
Table: Variables that NetBackup for Oracle sets shows the variables.
Table: Variables that NetBackup for Oracle sets
Name of the NetBackup server that initiated the automatic schedule.
Name of the Oracle policy that contained the automatic schedule.
Name of the NetBackup client in the policy.
Set to 1 for a Full schedule.
Set to 1 for a Differential incremental schedule.
Set to 1 for a Cumulative incremental schedule.
Name of the automatic schedule.