Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Creating an Oracle database instance group
This procedure lets you create an instance group that includes instances with a common set of credentials. You can create a default instance group for newly-discovered instances. Then you can create a policy that uses this instance group to automatically protect the new instances.
To create an Oracle database instance group
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand NetBackup Management > Applications > Oracle.
- Enter the Instance Group Name in the text window, then fill in the appropriate credentials, and click OK.
Instance group names cannot be localized.
The newly created instance group name appears in the right pane.
Click Help for help entering the appropriate credentials. If necessary, contact the Oracle database administrator for the correct set of credentials.
- To assign individual instances to this instance group, click Instances in the left pane to display the list of instances.
- Make sure Add to group and register using group credentials is selected. Use the Instance Group pulldown menu to select the instance group that you want the instance to be added to, then click OK.
- Repeat for each instance that you want included in the instance group.
- You may want to make this instance group the default for all newly discovered instances. If so, all newly discovered instances are automatically added to this instance group. More information is available about auto-registering an instance group.