Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Creating XML export templates using the NetBackup for Oracle wizard (Windows)
NetBackup for Oracle provides a wizard that solicits information about desired XML export operations. The wizard uses the information to create a template that can be run immediately or saved in a NetBackup-specific location on the current master server for later use.
To create XML export templates by using the NetBackup for Oracle wizard
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Choose File > Select Files and Folders to Backup.
- In the left pane, expand the Oracle node.
Select a node in the left pane to view its details in the right pane.
- (Optional) Enter your Oracle database logon User name and Password with SYSDBA privileges.
Perform this step if your current logon does not have Oracle SYSDBA privileges.
Optionally, also enter your Net service name (TNS alias).
- In the left pane of the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface, select the Oracle database instance.
Database objects that can be exported are listed under the Users node. Only the schema owners and objects accessible by the current user logon display.
- Expand the User list to the schema owners of the objects to export.
- In the right pane, select the Oracle objects to export.
- Choose Actions > Backup to start the wizard.
The NetBackup for Oracle XML Export Template Generation Wizard displays the following screens for you to enter information about the export operation that you want:
Target Database Logon Credentials
Archive Export Options
NetBackup Archive Destination Options
If you need an explanation of any of the fields on the wizard screens or more details, click Help on the wizard screen.
- After you complete the wizard, the Selection Summary screen displays the summary of the XML export template.
You can run the template immediately after the wizard finishes, save the template to the master server, or both. For explanations of your choices, click Help.
To save, to run, or to save and run the template, click Finish.