Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Enabling the debug logs manually (UNIX)
To create the NetBackup for Oracle for UNIX database agent logs manually
- Create the following directories on the client:
For any Oracle database instance browse problems when a template is created for backup or restore.
For any backup that is initiated from an automated schedule on the master server.
For any template-based backup or restore, including OIP and Guided Recovery.
For any backup or restore using RMAN.
For any snapshot backup.
For any snapshot restore.
- Verify the user or group that the Oracle process (process that loads libobk) has appropriate permissions to write to the following directories if they exist. If the following directories do not exist, the directories are created automatically with the correct permissions.
Also verify that the user or group that the Oracle process runs as has appropriate permissions to write to the log directories in step 1.
- On the NetBackup server or servers, create the debug log directories for the legacy processes that interact with the Oracle agent.
On the master server:
On the media server or servers:
- The debug logs for unified processes on the server and the client hosts are created automatically by NetBackup.
NetBackup writes unified logs to /usr/openv/logs.
For information on how to use logs and reports, see the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.