Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Adding clients to a policy
The client list contains a list of the clients on which your scripts are run during an automatic backup or the clients that can send backup requests to the application schedule. A NetBackup client must be in at least one policy but can be in more than one.
For a NetBackup for DB2 policy, clients you want to add must have the following items installed or available:
NetBackup client or server
The backup or restore scripts, unless you use templates
To add clients to a NetBackup for DB2 policy
- Open the policy you want to edit or create a new policy.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click the Clients tab.
- Click New.
- Type the name of the client and select the hardware and operating system of the client.
If DB2 is installed in a cluster, specify the virtual name of the DB2 server as the client name.
If you installed NetBackup on more than one node in the DB2 cluster, you must perform additional configuration.
- Choose one of the following:
To add another client, click Add.
If this client is the last client you want to add, click OK.
- In the Policy dialog box, click OK.