Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
How Snapshot Client software affects schedule properties
Some schedule properties have a different meaning for Snapshot Client database backups than for a regular database backup. For a description of other schedule properties, see the information that is specific to standard database agent backups.
Table: Schedule properties explains the properties for Snapshot Client backups.
Table: Schedule properties
Determines how long to retain history of the backups that the master server schedules and also how long to retain snapshot backups.
Determines how long to retain stream-based backups.
For snapshot backup, configure Multiple copies on the automatic backup schedule.
For stream-based backups, configure Multiple copies on the Application backup schedule.
Determines how often an Automatic schedule executes a backup.
Does not apply to Application backup schedules.