Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Specifying the DB2 home path (UNIX)
After you install NetBackup with a valid license for NetBackup for DB2, run this script on the computer where the DB2 vendor software is installed. With this script, NetBackup can gather additional information about your DB2 environment.
Complete this procedure at the following times:
After you specify a log archiving method in DB2.
If you licensed NetBackup for DB2 for the first time.
When you create a new DB2 instance.
To specify the DB2 home path
- Change to the following directory:
- Run the following script:
- Supply the home path for the database instance.
- Add any other database instances, or enter n if you are finished.