Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
NetBackup debug logs and reports
The NetBackup server and client software let you enable detailed debugging logs. The information in these log files can help you troubleshoot the problems that occur outside of either the database agent or DB2 commands.
Note the following with regard to these logs:
These logs do not reveal the errors that occur when DB2 commands is running unless those errors also affect NetBackup. DB2 may (or may not) write errors in the application to the NetBackup logs. Your best sources for DB2 error information are the logs provided by DB2.
Generally, each debug log corresponds to a NetBackup process and executable.
More detailed information about the debug log files is available.
See the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.
Also refer to the following file: