Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
About policy attributes
With a few exceptions, NetBackup manages the policy attributes set for a database backup like a file system backup. Other policy attributes vary according to your specific backup strategy and system configuration.
Table: Policy attribute descriptions for NetBackup for DB2 policies describes some of the policy attributes available for a NetBackup for DB2 policy. For more information on policy attributes, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
Table: Policy attribute descriptions for NetBackup for DB2 policies
Determines the types of clients that can be backed up with the policy. For DB2 databases, select the policy type DB2.
For NetBackup for DB2, theentry is ignored.
This group contains the options that enable backups with Snapshot Client.